Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DON'T ALLOW PEOPLE or SITUATIONS TO DERAIL YOU!

This Summer of 2012 has been an exciting time for me and my family in many ways, and at the same time a hard one.  We learned as a family some hard lessons that came in the form of betrayal and lies by people we had trusted, and worked with closely for years in our community.  The hardest aspect of these lessons learned is that they were attacks against one of my family members, and when one person in a family hurts, everyone in the family hurts!
The first thing I did when I got the call with the news about what had transpired, is I turned to my Father God.  I knew we were going to have to be strong and do the right thing.  At first I was so angry I didn't even feel the sting of hurt.  My initial thoughts were getting back at them with all I've got for hurting my loved one.  I was ready for litigation and taking this to the highest authority, and I can tell you that we would have had a good winning case.  Thank God I had close to four hours of driving to get back home from a business trip to pray and calm my heart.

After I had a chance to calm myself,  I helped my hurt loved one see the situation for what it was.  This was an attack from the devil, and we were not going to let this derail her success! We prayed together giving it all to God, and forgiving these people.  God's word in Romans 12:19 kept coming to mind "Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, giving place to wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.  Wow! When people come against God's people (us), they come against God, and they will eventually reap what they have sown, and truth will always prevail.

As some days passed I continued to seek my Father God, and legal counsel in the natural.  In the midst of all this, I heard God's counsel within my heart so clearly and powerful, "Deal with this situation as Gracefully and Peaceably as possible."  I meditated on this and decided to follow God's counsel, so I put a plan together that would fall under the direction God lead me to, implemented it, and the outcome was good.

Even though I had gathered the proof of what transpired, and what was said by whom, I did not use it.  The hardest part is talking to these people, and they downright lie to you, and you having the proof in front of you. Wow-What horrible heart conditions! I like the following quote "True power requires modesty and empathy, not force and coercion." ~ Dacher Keltner
MATTHEW 6:33

So! in all of this, the two lessons I want to share with you in hopes that you would be strengthened and empowered to move forward with your dreams no matter what tries to derail you are:

Lesson #1) When you are going for your dreams and experiencing success in life, know that there will be those people whom the devil will use to try to come against you and derail you; People you least expect! Most of the time these attacks stem out of jealousy and envy.   When this happens, you have to get stronger than that situation and those people. Be ready with your armor, which is the Word of God, knowing who you are in Christ Jesus!  CONFESS OUT LOUD--Romans 8:37 I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus; Philippians 4:13 I can do ALL things through Christ who is my strength; Psalm 118:6 God is on my side, therefore I fear not; 2 Timothy 1:7 God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of Love, Power, and a Sound Mind...

God's word is your power, so fill your heart with God's word daily and you will be ready to come against the enemies fiery darts, stopping the enemy on his tracks!  Know that you win!!!

Lesson #2)  Always seek God for direction and then obey Him when He directs you.  His way is always the right way.  When you obey God's direction you will come out on top.  My family scripture is Matthew 6:33 Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness (His ways of doing things) and He will add ALL else unto you.  Whatever it is you need, God is ready to help and provide it.  

I pray that my families testimony has been a blessing to you, and that you will never stop going for your dreams no matter what.  When one door closes, another will open, and it will be the right door!

God bless you always and remember that "Life is Fabulously Peachy Darling!"

Mary Jean Marquez
CEO Women Uplifting Women 





1 comment: