Sunday, April 14, 2013

City Hall still standing seconds before demolition
Photo by:  Mary Jean Marquez

 
34 years of El Paso History went down in seconds after first explosion
Photo by:  Mary Jean Marquez
City Hall of El Paso, TX Demolition on April 14, 2013
By: Mary Jean Marquez

Goodbye to the El Paso, TX City Hall-34 years of History.  As I viewed this historic event on my television at home, my heart raced.  I was seeing with my eyes, but could not fully process what I was seeing; so interestingly unreal!

We El Pasoans have experienced a lot of change, and emotional ups and downs this weekend, and it has been quite a time of struggle in our city to get to this day of the City Hall demolition.  So much division among the people came about, and I pray that unity of hearts and vision can eventually come about.  Perhaps I am naive, but I am the ultimate optimist.  

I have to admit, that I personally still have mixed feelings about the decision to destroy our City Hall in order to build a 50 million dollar ball park on the property, especially when we already have an existing ball park, but I have a strong hope that it will turn out to be good for our city, and future generations in many levels. 

It doesn't hurt to believe and hope!

It is all done, therefore I encourage all El Pasoans to look to the future with a positive expectation for our city, and to be a part of the growth and success that will come from this.  Choose to be a part of great history in the making, and being a part of the solution instead of harboring ill will toward anyone in our city.

We have a choice to either stay in the past with negative feelings, or move on for a brighter future with a positive outlook.  I personally choose to move on with a positive outlook, knowing that God is on El Paso's side no matter what.  I also choose to move forward for my children and future generations.  I pray that all El Pasoans will too.

With best regards,

Mary Jean Marquez and The ElPasoNista Team

To view demolition:
 http://www.kvia.com/video/Watch-demolition-of-City-Hall/-/421452/19745058/-/ct6578/-/index.html






No comments:

Post a Comment